Serving you since 1906.

To begin a business in the city of Huntington Park there are several steps that need be taken.  The Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide a list of agencies (link to the information provided) that can assist you in your worthy endeavor.

City of Huntington Park in their website provides process information look under their Business License link - City of Huntington Park  After you have identified what type of business you are starting, a location for the business needs to be found.  Once the location has been found or if you need to speak to someone regarding a potential business site, contact the Community Development department at (323) 584-6232.

City of Huntington Park Community Development Department will be able to assist you by explaining zoning issues, building and business permits, and site selection.  Once you are ready to begin your business, your final step is to file for a business license with the City of Huntington Park.  If you need assistance with the application or have a general question, call (323) 584-6232.

Relocating your Business within the Area

Before relocating your business within the City of Huntington Park, you must contact the Community Development Department at (323) 584-6232 to ensure that the area you are moving to is zoned for your business. Not all businesses are allowed in all zoning districts. Once you have received notification that the area of interest is appropriately zoned for your business, you will need to contact the Business License Department unit in Regulatory Affairs to complete a business license application.

Better Business Bureau -

The Better Business Bureau of the Southland serves Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties and is one of nearly 200 Better Business Bureaus across the U.S. and Canada.  If you suspect consumer fraud or would like to receive more information or file a complaint, contact the Bureau's local office. They are located at 18631 Sherman Way, Reseda, CA 91335.  They can be reached by phone at (818) 401-1480 for membership, and (714) 985-8922 to register a complaint, or visit their website at

Consumer Problems -

The State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs has a division that consumers can receive information about businesses and business regulations as well as report problems or concerns about area businesses. For assistance or further information, write to the California Department of Consumer Affairs at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA  95814 or call them at 1-800-952-5210, or visit their website at

Residential Business Licenses -

The City of Huntington Park allows home occupations in most residential zoning districts. A home occupation is a business activity which results in a product or service that is conducted in whole or in part of a dwelling unit. The city of Huntington Park may require additional approvals..  For additional information please contact Community Development at (323) 584-6210.


 The Greater Huntington Park Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide you with the following information on various State and local agencies that you should contact when starting a business in the city of Huntington Park:

City of Huntington Park's How Do I Start A Business? - The City of Huntington Park has information a Economic Development Department is a resource available to businesses, developers, real estate professionals and members of the public.

Internal Revenue Service - If you are running a business, the IRS requires an SS-4 application to be filed out in order for you to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).

California State Board of Equalization - The Board of Equalization collects California state sales and use tax, as well as fuel, alcohol, and tobacco taxes and fees that provide revenue for state government and essential funding for counties, cities, and special districts

California Department of Industrial Relations - The Department of Industrial Relations was established to improve working conditions for California's wage earners, and to advance opportunities for profitable employment in California.

Employment Development Department - Administers the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workforce Investment Act, and Welfare-to-Work programs for the all employees in the state receiving wages.

Los Angeles County Environmental Health - Issues and provides all information Health Permits for businesses involved in food services.

Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control  - The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control is to administer the provisions of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act in a manner that fosters and protects the health, safety, welfare, and economic well-being of the people of the State.

Department of Consumer Affairs - The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is here to protect and serve California consumers while ensuring a competent and fair marketplace. DCA helps consumers learn how to protect themselves from unscrupulous and unqualified individuals. The Department also protects professionals from unfair competition by unlicensed practitioners. 


The City of Huntington Park can assist you with additional information you may need when starting or moving your business to Huntington Park, please Contact Community Development Department Manager Manuel Acosta at 323-584-6274 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..